Sunday, September 5, 2010

Ummm....excuse me, but your dog is humping my dog.

Chemistry.  That's what this dating thing is supposed to be about.   But, as Match.com tells me, 1 out of every 5 dating relationships happen because of online dating, we automatically take that first blush of random happenstance out of that first encounter. 

I often say that I'm going to end up meeting the man of my dreams at the dog park and my dating profile says Ideal First Date: "Let's take a cat to the dog park and see what happens." So, what better place to meet on a first date?

Mr. Humpy Pug Owner and I did the wink/wink email/email chat/chat thing on Match and then scheduled a bring your own coffee and we'll meet on a Saturday morning and get to know each other.  I brought Ebi, my beautiful golden retriever and he brought Mr. Pugsley, the Humping Pug.   From the moment I walked in the pug jumped on Ebi's back and refused to get down.  That dog was super, head over heels attracted to my pup. 

He and I?  Our eyes locked and.....No chemistry at all. I can't even really remember much about him.  And, considering Ebi bit Mr. Pugsley's ear, thereby prematurely (thankfully) ending the date?  I don't think she liked him much either.

No comments:

Post a Comment